There may be a situation where you need to temporarily speed up the resync of a single resources in LINSTOR. The example below is from a kubernetes environment, but the same steps can be applied to any LINSTOR cluster
Below is an example of me changing the setting for the pvc-78df9b41-3064-4666-b828-679779397c4b resource. You'll likely want to do the below on all LINSTOR® pods where a replica is present, but I usually start with the node that is the SyncTarget.
- Connect to the LINSTOR Satellite pod (ns-node pod) of the SyncTarget
# kubectl exec -it linstor-op-ns-node-44p64 -- /bin/sh
- Check the current setting with 'drbdsetup show'. You can use this afterwards to also confirm the changes.
# drbdsetup show pvc-78df9b41-3064-4666-b828-679779397c4b --show-default
- Change the max-buffers value. 20k is a good starting value, but we've seen good results with anything between 20k-80k.
# drbdadm net-options pvc-78df9b41-3064-4666-b828-679779397c4b --max-buffers=20k
- Change the c-fill-target to 1M.
drbdadm peer-device-options pvc-78df9b41-3064-4666-b828-679779397c4b --c-fill-target=1M
- Connect to the satellite pod of the other peers and repeat the above as needed.
# drbdadm adjust pvc-78df9b41-3064-4666-b828-679779397c4b